Easter is often the occasion for a big egg hunt! This is why today I suggest you customize a small basket with pieces of Japanese paper in the colors of spring. It can also be used as a table centerpiece to place a bouquet of crepon flowers.
In order to make your Japanese paper basket, you will need:
- A cardboard basket
- 1 half sheet of Japanese paper , in the colors and patterns of your choice
- A cutter or a pair of scissors
- of the white glue
- A brush
- a pencil
- a ruler
- To begin, you will need to gather the different strips of paper that you will use to dress your basket. Using a pencil and a ruler, trace rectangles of paper with the following dimensions on your half sheet:
- for the handle from basket: 1 strip 39cm long by 2.6cm wide
- for the upper part from the bucket in your basket: 2 strips 19.5cm long by 2.5cm wide (to be placed on either side of the basket handle)
- for the lower part from the bucket in your basket: 1 strip 43cm long by 7.2cm wide
- Then cut out each strip of paper.
- Glue each strip one after the other and gently apply them to your basket. Start with the lower part of the bucket of your basket, then the upper part and finally finish with the handle.
TADA Your Japanese paper basket is ready!
I hope you enjoyed this little article. I'll see you soon for new tutorials inspired by Japan!
Have you ever used Japanese paper to customize objects?