Because Easter is synonymous with sweet treats and more particularly chocolate eggs, today I am offering you an origami chicken fold!
1 square of origami paper 12cm by 12cm (for the hen or the rooster) and 1 square of origami paper 10cm by 10cm (for the chick) preferably plain or with light patterns, like our japanese papers “false plains”
Here we used squares of 15cm by 15cm in which we re-cut smaller squares. If you would like to reproduce the colorful range of this tutorial, OUR “Pastel” set of 20 origami papers in 15 x 15 cm will be perfect for that!
- 1 small square of origami paper, at least 6cm on each side or small scrap of paper (for the hen's crest)
- a pair of scissors
- of the gel glue
Here are the steps to make your hen's body:
- Take a square of paper, white side facing you and points pointing up and down. Mark the medians, vertical and horizontal. Then fold to get a triangle.
- Fold the left and right points towards the bottom point and mark the folds well.
- You get a small square - diamond.
Then fold the points formed from the bottom to the top of your fold, along the dotted lines and clearly mark the folds.
- Fold along the dotted lines to the left and right of your fold and mark the folds well.
- You get this.
- Fold down, on the top flap, the two small upper left and right points as indicated in the photo by the dotted lines.
- You get this.
Fold, on the top flap, the bottom tip towards the top of your fold, as indicated in the photo by the dotted lines.
- Fold again, as indicated in the photo by the dotted lines.
- You get this. You will then “open” your folding. This step is presented in detail below.
* 10. Enter your folding. Slide your thumb inside it to open it. Grab the left and right of your fold and fold them towards each other. You get this.
- Grasp your fold by the point indicated in the photo...
- ...and rotate your folding upwards.
Unfold the tip indicated by the bottom point in the photo, to form your chicken's legs.
- Fold the top of your fold over to start forming the head of your hen.
- You get this. A detail of this step can be found below :
- The body of your origami chicken is ready!
Here are the steps to make your hen's crest:
- Take your small square of paper. Fold it in half and mark the fold well.
- Trace with a pencil or cut directly from your fold the same shape as that shown in the photo. Unfold. You get a little “heart”.
- Apply a dab of glue to the bottom of your “heart” and stick it to the back of your hen’s fold, leaving the top of your “heart” above and thus forming the crest of your hen.
TADA Your origami chicken is ready!
This folding was imagined by Shoko Aoyagi , talented origami artist who makes adorable origami.
I'll see you very soon for new tutorials that smell like spring.
Did you know this folding?