As December approaches (and the end of year holidays), I wanted to offer you a new idea for hanging decorations for your Christmas tree!
For this tutorial, I started by folding the flat 8-pointed star . I really like the “art deco” inspired shape, with the very graphic lines that you obtain once you have completed the basic folding. I added a few glittery pistils to make a small, light and airy bell that will delicately decorate your tree!
THE ORIGAMI HANGING BELL
To make an origami hanging bell, you will need:
2 squares of Japanese paper measuring 6cm by 6cm in the colors and patterns of your choice to achieve 1 bell (2 squares therefore corresponding to 1 bell)
+ 1 square of Japanese paper measuring 6cm by 6cm if you wish to decorate the folding base with a small heart of Japanese paper (you can trace 13 small hearts on 1 square of paper )
- large, colorful, glittery pistils
- gel glue
- wire to hang your bells, in this case gold wire
FOLDING THE BELL
The folding that I will present to you below is the same as that of the flat 8-pointed star that I invite you to discover on the blog!
- Take your square of paper, colored side towards you, and mark the medians. Unfold.
- Then take your square, white side towards you, and mark the diagonals.
- Take the paper, colored side towards you, and gently push with your fingers to bring part of the fold “inside”.
- You get a triangle. Then fold the two top corners, left and right, towards the center of your fold, as indicated by the dotted lines.
Make this fold again with 1 other paper to make 2 other folds in total.
ASSEMBLY OF THE BELL
- Bring your various supplies: 2 squares of Japanese paper measuring 6cm by 6cm, 20cm long wire and glittery flower pistils. Make two folds following the explanations above.
- Place a dot of glue inside one of your two folds and slip the loop of gold thread there. Press well.
- Cut a few strands off your pistils, as shown in the photo.
- Place a dot of glue inside your second fold and slip your pistil strands there. Press well.
- So you get this. Your two folds are ready.
- Place a dot of glue on the back of your two folds to assemble them against each other.
- Your bell is now finished!
- If you wish, you can cut and glue a small piece of Japanese paper to decorate the base of your bell.
- AND THAT'S it, all you have to do is make as many bells as you want!
For this tutorial, I chose a multi-colored range, with joyful and varied colors! If you want to go with a more traditional Christmas range, we have designed a set of 20 origami papers in 15cm by 15cm, special “Christmas ”, from which you can re-cut squares of 6cm by 6cm.
Have you already done this folding?