Why not surprise your guests during your holiday meals by slipping a few treats into pretty origami boxes that you will place on the table? A colorful presentation to escape the traditional box of chocolate while pleasing gourmets.
In order to make an origami ballotin, you will need:
1 square of origami paper in 15cm by 15cm in the patterns and colors of your choice.
If you want to reproduce the colorful range of this tutorial, our “Pastel” set of 20 origami papers in 15 x 15 cm will be perfect for that!
- 2 stickers of your choice, matching your square of paper
- of the gel glue
Here are the explanations for making folding your ballotin :
The tutorial may seem a little intimidating because of the number of lines (which correspond to the marked folds) but as you fold, it will become clearer to you.
- Take your square of paper, white side facing you. Mark (fold and unfold) the medians and diagonals.
Then fold the angles indicated by the dotted lines towards the center of the square.
- You get this. Unfold.
Then mark the folds in the same way for the other corners of the square.
- Fold the top right corner towards the point indicated by a “ • has ".
- You get this. Unfold.
Proceed in the same way for the other 3 angles of the square, respectively towards the points “ • b ”, “ • c ” and “ • d ”.
- Fold two opposite corners toward the center, as shown in the photo.
- You get this. The lined square in the photo corresponds to the bottom of your ballotin.
- You will then fold, folding inwards, as indicated in the photo by continuous lines = Proceed to assembling your ballotin, for these explanations.
Here are the explanations for making assembling your ballotin :
- Fold down the two opposite corners, as shown in the diagram.
- Locate the triangles formed on the points by the folds marked previously. Fold inward.
- Mark the folds.
- Place a dot of glue to secure the bottom of the tabs against the base, already assembled, of the ballotin.
- Fold and glue the tabs vertically, as shown in the photo.
- Let it dry for a few moments then slip your little sweet or chocolate treats inside your box.
“Sandwich” the tips of the tabs between two small stickers and assemble them together.
TADA Your origami ballotin is ready!
This article is now coming to an end! I hope you liked it and made you want to make your own table decorations for the holidays.
I'll see you soon for new creative articles!
Take good care of yourself,